Process: Molten Metal is gravity poured into cast iron or steel molds, coated with ceramic mold wash. Cores can be metal or sand. After solidification, parts are cleaned and ready for use.
- Size Range: .5 lb To 100 lbs.
- Normal Lead Times- Samples: 6-14 Weeks
- Production: 4-6 Weeks
Material Available: Aluminum
- Good surface finish.
- Excellent grain structure and casting integrity.
- Tolerances up to + - .010
- Good for pressure tight applications.
- Average piece part price.
- Good dimensional accuracy and repeatability.
- Higher tooling costs.
- Limited alloy selection.